brick ledge

McHaney

I have HD Pro 2021.  I have not been able to force it to generate a brick ledge on a monolithic slab foundation.  There are 18 instances of "brick ledge" in the Reference Manual.  I have read all of them.  I have watched the video on Foundations.  I have searched Home Talk for "brick ledge".  There are some conversations about brick ledges, but no answers.  I have searched the Knowledge Base.  Nowhere have I found a procedure for creating a brick ledge.  I need a step-by-step procedure that says:

Step 1.  Do this.

Step 2.  Do this.

Step 3.  Do this.

etc.

Thanks.

I have often found info on how to do something on the chief architect site that I wasn't able to easily find on the home designer site.  Since Pro is a lot like the chief software I see no harm in going there and I will continue to do so when needed.  You should be able to get information, tips, and techniques from what ever source available.  I understand you and David Potter are quite busy and have your hands full trying to answer all the questions that come into the site, and with that in mind I use what ever source I can to get an answer with out having to add one more question to your list. I thank you for what you do.

On 10/15/2020 at 9:32 AM, McHaney said:

I have HD Pro 2021.  I have not been able to force it to generate a brick ledge on a monolithic slab foundation.  There are 18 instances of "brick ledge" in the Reference Manual.  I have read all of them.  I have watched the video on Foundations.  I have searched Home Talk for "brick ledge".  There are some conversations about brick ledges, but no answers.  I have searched the Knowledge Base.  Nowhere have I found a procedure for creating a brick ledge.  I need a step-by-step procedure that says:

Step 1.  Do this.

Step 2.  Do this.

Step 3.  Do this.

etc.

Thanks.

I started using HD Pro 2021 with a file I had originally created in HD Interior 2015.  It turns out that was the root of my problems.  When I created a new plan file and redrew the house, brick ledges were created correctly. If you're working from a file (or template) created in an older version, you may need to start over.