rferraro

glass block issue...

How can I stop the framing floor members from displaying when using a glass block wall?

I'm building a glass block shower, and when a wall type is changed to glass block, the floor framing shows through. How can I prevent this?

Thanks!

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

1 minute ago, rferraro said:

the floor framing shows through.

Could you post a picture?

Were I you, I would use a glass wall for the shower walls. Change the material for a glass wall from glass to glass block. Also change the thickness of the glass wall to the thickness of Glass block. Then using the Tri Color icon (Adjust Material properties tool) adjust the "Transparency" property of glass block to suit or emulate your actual glass block.

DJP

What David said, and here is why.

ht1.thumb.png.6ddb9c8acf07ab0ef9579405e891f2d2.png

Thanks David, that worked :) Funny to have to do all of that, you'd think the glass block wall would offer an option to prevent the floor framing from showing. But it's working fine now...

glass block framing members NOT showing.jpg

7 minutes ago, rferraro said:

Funny to have to do all of that

Chief Premier has a checkbox to make any wall a Partition Wall.

Another option is to use a Pony Wall. Make the lower wall 1" tall and assign a material of your choice.