Sign in to follow this  
Syd1953

wall definitions

I am new to this so bear with me please. I am trying to change from 24" to 16" OC in the "define wall" dialogue. When I  highlight the 24" OC box and click on it all I get is a picture of a teapot. I have been working on this for over an hour and am getting pretty frustrated.

What program are you using? If you are seeing the teapot, you are only picking the "pattern", and not the "material". Go the wall again and pick the material and a drop box should show where you can pick your framing. Or even try your owner's manual on the help tab. That is probably the best place to start with any questions so you don't have to wait for someone to reply.

I'm using the Architectural version. When I click on the materials box I get a picture of the GD teapot, not a drop down menu of wall types as in the training videos.

i see you mentioned Architectural ...

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

That may be an issue with Architectural then. I haven't used that one for a few years, so I forget what it can and can't do. Depending on what type or how much you use it, you may want to consider upgrading to Pro.

You should be seeing these dialog boxes.

You would then choose 16" oc from the library drop down, that also shows.

image.thumb.png.19a8082a55e1860bab9d605dc0852628.png

Be aware the videos show Pro which has many features the other titles do not.

You can change the basic structure -- ceilings, floors, walls etc in Pro, but not in Architectural.

I'm too embarrassed to say what I wasn't doing but I got it. Thanks for all the help and I will turn on signature display. I will be back I'm sure.