rosbelgtz73

Can anyone help design the roof to look like the pictures .Ive attached the file from home designer pro. Any help would be appreciated.

I see you mentioned Pro ...

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer Pro 2020

Eric, First time posting wasnt sure how much info to write down. I have it all automatic but it would give me a total different roof.Is there anyway you can share the file where you made it look like the picture.

7 minutes ago, rosbelgtz73 said:

Is there a way to add the wood post like in the picture?

Look under "Build - Framing - Post" or you can just create a custom slab and then configure it to emulate a post, heck you can even use a "Soffit" (under cabinet tools) to emulate a post.

Relative to building "Auto Build Roofs" the results are based upon how you programmed it to come out, if it is "wrong" your settings are wrong.

DJP

Rosbelgtz73, were you able to get the roof the way you want it?

I have not been able to. I’ve tried for several hours and I can’t get it. I just need to read thru more tutorials and keep trying I guess. 

I’ve gone thru the settings and I still haven’t figured out what I have wrong

2 hours ago, DIG5050 said:

Rosbelgtz73, were you able to get the roof the way you want it?

I have not. I just bought the program so I’m still going thru the learning stage. That’s why I was wondering if you could share the file so I can go thru the options and see where I went wrong. I create a regular house and the basic roof planes. Where I have an issue Is when I have different height roof planes plus different wall heights. Let me know if you can share it would mean a lot for me. Thanks for you interest in helping out.

• Downvote 1

Look again at the 2nd post above where I requested you complete your signature and provided some self help resources.

Go through the hour long Home Designer webinars on YouTube to start.

10 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Attached is your edited plan and below is a YouTube video of me trying to sort it out for you:

DJP

Craftman-DJP.zip

Thanks I will go through the videos. One more question I had was how do you remove the xs that are on the drawing. I know I added them through preferences  but when I deselected the option they didn’t come off.

9 minutes ago, rosbelgtz73 said:

Thanks I will go through the videos. One more question I had was how do you remove the xs that are on the drawing. I know I added them through preferences  but when I deselected the option they didn’t come off.

Watch the video where part of it was removing the "current points"

DJP

Flared roof -- auto built.

ht1.thumb.png.315abfd47cf5deb249a927c19266d7e2.png

On 2/15/2020 at 6:01 PM, DavidJPotter said:

Attached is your edited plan and below is a YouTube video of me trying to sort it out for you:

DJP

Craftman-DJP.zip

Thanks David, 

I've learned some stuff with your video. Now I have to do it on my file. Thanks for your time.

Eric,

Im going through the videos thanks for your help. Once I have it finished Ill share it hopefully pretty soon. Thanks again for your help.