Sign in to follow this  
Elliot

Bathtub in a tile covered deck

I am trying to put a Kohler whirlpool drop-in tub 72x42x24"  in a bathroom design. I tried building a slab 80"x48"x24 and then I put the tub into the slab. It looks ok except you see the slab material on the inside of the tub like its not cutting the slab. then I dont see  the interior of the tub.  So I tried it with a soffit in the same dimensions and got the same results.  I tried changing the interior of the tub to match the white of the fiberglass of the rest of the tub and that worked but it also changed the whole slab  and the whole soffit to the same white.  I intend to cover the tub deck  with tile all over, so the inside of the tub must look like the tub.  Any ideas here? 

I have been doing  a LOT of drawing with Pro the last few months and sincerely love this program.  And my clients also love what they see in 3D so it helps me get these remodel jobs.  

thanks

Elliot 

Place a base cabinet size it and change the height to match the tub.

Place tub in cabinet as you would a sink.

I just tried that. and I put a granite counter on top. but it did the same thing. It cuts the tub at the granite level and I see granite inside the tub.   Im using a 3d from Kohler. Could that 3d image be my problem? 

18 minutes ago, Elliot said:

Im using a 3d from Kohler. Could that 3d image be my problem? 

Are you using a symbol from Home Designer, or was it sourced somewhere else?

You can always just shape something around the tub -- essentially creating your own hole.

It is a symbol in the Kohler file from Home Designer. I made 4 thin cabinets to surround the tub. about 8" wide each and the dropped the tub into it.  

thanks for the quick responses.

Elliot 

image.thumb.png.b6f11e1bbc1cd5f2d89f273188a22ba6.pngimage.thumb.png.09c513ec52d1773cbb3ef29ca7f0e40b.png