Stairs between "Open Below" floors

ArminBuilder

Good evening.

A quick question. My example scenario is a 3 story building, where the top floor is a rental. A stair well runs up the inside of the building to the 3rd floor, leaving floors 1 & 2 inaccessible.  

Ideally, the stairs would be a straight run to the 3rd floor, so my thought was to make floor 2 of the stairwell "open below". However, I cannot find a way to make the stairs complete a full run from floor 1 to floor 3 without hacking in a small segment of floor 2.  Please see attached plan.

The goal is for the stairs to run uninterrupted all the way to the 3rd floor.  Hoping you have a better solution, or some way around the "open below" issue.

Thanks!

stairs between open below.plan

I am guessing that your building codes won't allow such a staircase without landings at some point. The simplest would be to put a landing at each floor since you know what the height of the floor is from your plan. The length of the landing probably doesn't need to be any deeper than the width of the stairs.

This seems like such a dangerous staircase.  It needs a landing midway, for safety.

However, to do what you want...I would 1st make all 3 exterior floor walls invisible, so that you can see what you are doing. 

Delete the floor 1 stairs.
Delete the 2nd floor extended room (used to connect the stairs?). 

Open the staircase and use the settings that are shown. 

Move the stairs into the correct position.

image.thumb.png.17e972ffeaa77b406a8b891645004657.png