MikeFFG

Basement Lally Columns

Hi,

I have tried searching all the help and the forums but I'm having trouble finding something I imagine to be kind of basic. I am working on designing a finished basement. My basement currently is partially finished. There is a line of structural columns along the center of my basement every 8 feet-ish. I can't really find an obvious way to do this. All the "columns" in the library I see are like decorative columns - these are just basic bare "lally" columns that are structural, and in some places they are covered by a wall (since it's partially finished) but I need to have them there still.

I suppose I can use one of the decorative columns and just size it properly but that obviously does not seem like the 'best' solution.

I'm using Suite 2019.

Thanks!

I see you said Suite 2019, but ...

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on, then see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Have you checked the bonus catalogs on the Home Designer site, or searched the 3D Warehouse (google it for the link).

I don't know what Suite has for options, yet I go to "posts" in the framing section, with or without a footing. Then select "round", paint it "color-red brown" and it's done.

Ah interesting. I don't have a "posts" section under the framing section in my software...

How about vertical cylinder in the core catalogs/shapes library?  Change the diameter and height of the cylinder to suit your needs.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DIG5050 said:

How about vertical cylinder in the core catalogs/shapes library?  Change the diameter and height of the cylinder to suit your needs.

Ah that works well! I didn't see the "shapes" section.