Glass Shower Screen goes through walls

AdeleMinton

I have used an interior wall and then changed it to a glass shower in the wall type option.  However the glass goes into the tile and plasterboard when i want it to sit in front of tile.

I have tried pulling the wall away in plan view but it keeps snapping into the wall.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

If perfection is what you seek, you may want to consider replacing the glass wall, making it invisible (just to separate the shower from the bathroom) and use a soffit carrying a glass material for the purpose of emulating just the wall. Perfection in this software (no matter what you are using) is sometimes difficult requiring one to think outside the box to get a result.

DJP

David has a good suggestion, and it gives you complete control of how the glass looks.

Here is another idea.

If your version allows, this trick might work for you, and it can work in other situations too.

Draw a room divider wall parallel to the wall the class butts into. It only needs to be about 3" -- mine is larger here so it may be seen.  Now move it so it's 1/64" away from the parallel wall.

ht2.thumb.jpg.93be10195131de579156a0a9381785f8.jpg

Drag the glass wall over and it will hit the Room Divider wall and stop. Notice this also prevents the base trim from wrapping around the glass.

ht1.thumb.jpg.321d54841abd99ae00d3f37485ea038a.jpg

And if you can, define your Room Divider wall to look like this -- and set it as your default Room Divider.

ct3.thumb.jpg.97d9f3d19d45931d700e55eb95971a0f.jpg