Single Floor SaltBox Roof

wrenchmaster

How do you create a saltbox roof on a single story structure.

I guess I should be asking, can you have a structure with different height exterior walls

as these would be needed also with the shed design I'm trying to create.

Please, if you know how to do this I would appreciate your time.

Thanks

How to do a simple Salt Box roof is explained in your software in the "Build Roofs" Dialog-Roof Styles Tab where all basic roof type pre-settings are explained. In terms of your "different height exterior walls" this is controlled by Room Specification dialog box - Structure Tab - Ceiling Height settings input box per room or space.

DJP

15 hours ago, solver said:

Roofs generally control wall height -- that is, a wall wants to reach up until it finds a roof.

Ceiling heights control the default position of the low side of a roof plane. They have nothing to do with the high side.

Draw a 1 room structure. Draw a manual (shed) roof plane. The wall under the high part of the roof will extend up to the roof plane.

If you do not want a ceiling, then turn of the ceiling in the room.

To use auto built roofs, you need a 2nd floor with a short ceiling height. The 2nd floor can be open below if you want.

After the roof is correct you can turn off auto build and make changes as needed without the roof changing.

ht1.thumb.jpg.3bcddee1f95adba952e58e8ed9c7017d.jpg

Or, you can do this with a single floor. Place a divider wall, raise the ceiling height.

ht2.thumb.jpg.c000cc67cd7f5c983e802fdb5ac328ad.jpg