Sign in to follow this  
allyncooper

Cabinet doors and drawers in same section

Searched but couldn't find an answer. How to put a door and drawers (per graphic) in the same section. TIA

HD Pro 2014

Vanity Cab only.jpg

You want to see the edges of the door and drawers all together in one section?

I should ask what you are wanting to do.

Have you tried a Back Clipped Cross Section?

Thx for the reply Eric.  Graphic I posted is a vanity cab from Home Depot. First section is a false drawer, then you have a door on the left with 2 drawers on the right. Can't figure out how to do that setup (door with two drawers) on section two. Back Clipped Section didn't do anything.  

When you say "section" are you referring to creating a single cabinet with that configuration and not like "cross section"?

If you are asking about modeling the cabinet, one upgrade in newer versions is this.

ht1.thumb.jpg.4f38392e6f537ccac9911f384077bbb7.jpg

Makes doing this type of modification easy.

You may need 3 cabinets to do the same.

Use two separate cabinet objects, one as drawers and one with a door.provided you have Pro 2014, I do not presently have anything that old working, so this tutorial was done in Pro 2014

DJP

Thx for the replies guys.  Looks like 2018 Pro makes it pretty easy.  I know in 2018 you can put elect. outlets in cabs also. Looks like I'll be getting 2018 Pro sooner than later since I'm planning on alot of kitchen/bath design work.