this app can't run on your pc

BrewerDesign

Update for anyone with similar problems: CA support said this issue is caused by a conflict with McAfee and somehow effected by an auto update to Creators, which I initially thought was an app but apparently is the recent update to windows 10 (obviously I'm out of touch, I've been busy).  Support's solution is to uninstall McAfee, which I hate to do.  I got the full McAfee suite for free from AT&T - I'm a uverse subscriber - and it works great.  Any suggestions for a new security software or a work around would be appreciated.  Waiting for an update from CA.

You don't need McAfee.  Uninstall it as you can always put it back.  Run HD multiple times.   If HD continues to work, then McAfee is the problem.  Windows 10 has Windows Defender Security built in, and will take over once any 3rd party app is removed.

Often the security suites from ISP's are behind.  If may be that the free one from ATT is not supported by the Windows 10 Fall Creators update.

I have two PC's, both run Windows 10 (one is on the Fall Creator's update and the other is set to Windows Insider which has the latest Beta version of Windows 10). Both machines have multiple Home Designer and Chief Premier versions on them. Through all the updates, I have had zero problems with those applications at all.

DJP