How apply materials to multiple walls

ICONDEV

I'm trying to change the interior and exterior wall coverings to my already created project. Rather than clicking into each walls specs and changing, is there a way to select them all? I tried "shift" and I tried retroactively changing the default settings of the walls, but to no avail! 

signature updated. 2018 SUITE.

I searched variations of my subject line in the forum and videos section, but I haven't been able to return a result. Not just walls, but any mass changes to already built structure, I'm just looking for the easiest way to "replicate" a selection to ALL. 

For new users, I recommend using wall Dialog box-Materials Tab for gross changes. You can also add a strip of color by using the  "Wall Covering" tool to color part of a wall. Using the "Material Painter or Material Eye-dropper without FIRST carefully studying how to use each of those tools "modes" is VERY STUPIDLY DANGEROUS!!!!!. Please do not do that without first intensive study and practice using the tools and its modes on simple test plans. I have seen new-person plans utterly destroyed by misuse of those tools.

Once learned, all the tools are useful, guessing at how to use something is like Russian Roulette.

DJP

Thank you. I do use the materials tab within the wall dialogue box to make changes, but I'm trying to make a mass change to the interior panel-covering of all my walls. Rather than opening this box up and selecting the new material for each wall, is there a button I'm missing that allows me to make this mass-change to all walls? Thanks again in advance! 

You open the the plan and click Window > tile vertically, the display will be in 2d and in 3d views, the Icons will show up only in 3d view.

C is for Component

O is for Object

R is for Room

F is for Floor

P is for Plan

You choose the material you want and click the F painter icon, then you click on a exterior wall and it will paint all the exterior walls.

Change the Material and do the same thing for the interior walls. The one that paints everything all at once is the P painter.

• Upvote 1