Brick/rock intersection at corner

brianhf

In Pro 1018, can you please tell me how to make exterior wall surfaces (brick and rock) build and display correctly.

In the attached image, you can see that the brick is visible on the front rock wall, where I would like the entire wall to be rock all the way to the corner, and perhaps even wrap around the corner as would be in the construction.

My brick wall is a standard 4" brick wall, and the rock is a "copy" with the brick simply changed to rock.

I wonder if this is a matter of which wall was drawn first, or which way I was moving the mouse?

Thanks for your help.

Brian

1513 Westhill snip.JPG

What you are seeing is just the way this software is preprogrammed to work. So if you want a particular outcome you have to make it manually appear the way you wish: 1. You can overlay the unwanted brick reveal with a custom slab that has the stone as its material making it thick enough to cover up the unwanted brick. 2. You can use a custom sized soffit object for the same purpose (I prefer custom slabs for this kind of thing) 3. You might try the custom backsplash tool to see if you can overlay the unwanted brick with stone (never tried this myself, so that is why it is "#3").

DJP

David.  Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'll try the slab or soffit idea - I've used that before for this problem - just looking for a better way.

By the way, I like to use slabs instead of soffits often times - it seems they are a little more versatile.

Thanks, Brian.

Open the front wall, Structure panel, and check Through Wall At Start.

Check Help for Start and End indicators. I have mine on, as you need this info for many operations.

I assume you drew these clockwise, so start is on the right.

ht1.thumb.jpg.b08ab0478069753b8832109d6d7cb06d.jpg