deck post sub plate

crosscutter55

I am trying to make a metal plate  ( 3 1/2" square )  with 4 holes for  a deck post . i want it to be transparent (  transparent wont highlight ) so i can see where the holes will line up with framing & joist .Once i make the sq with the 4 holes how do i block them togther to move them as a unit ?

If you are still using Suite 2018 your best bet is to make a custom object in Sketch Up for importation into Suite. Suite limits your choices big time in terms of materials assignation, you would be much better off with Home Designer Pro that provides more such choices.

DJP

yes i only need to see it in  a plan view not 3d .it is for hole alignment relative to the joist & other blocking getting in the way . Lag bolts can be used  on 3 holes but one carriage bolt would also be nice ! I need to have these items blocked together  ( the sq & the 4 holes ) put into library & use it at all diffrent locations in plan view 

I looked you up and all I could find was Suite 2018. In any case you should be able to make a custom slab  with holes in it to serve or if you wanted the holes in the side you could construct four custom slabs that would reveal when blocked a hole or slot in the side of the block is my thought. Selecting a material type that can be made transparent or semi transparent.

DJP