Building Adobe style walls, multiple issues

Acropolis

this is real interesting, just by selecting each room individually and selecting a roof group that is changing zero to 1, roofs appear on save.

show me where that is in the help section on building roofs, its not, and going back to a earlier version it looks like just opening each room, then closing it, puts a roof on it where following directions causes a you to go in circles.

Like Jo_Ann stated, all of the rooms 'had no roof over this room' unchecked, also you were using a slab with footings as a roof, was

there a reason for that? To change the height of a wall you simply click on the wall and raise it up. If it's a wall within a room, it raise's

the room up. You have to click the tools on the toolbar, it's not going to do anything just by hovering the mouse over it.

The expectation that you have is difficult to understand.....

let me clarify then because you are working from a week old file, and more important, not paying attention, and too defensive of cumbersome software with many dead end defects.

1. I started fresh plan

2 fresh defaults

3. default was roof over

4. copied over wall structure definitions- the backwards way for home designer, thank you JoAnn

so build roofs - does nothing and you go in circles for hours because the inadequacy of the software is it doesn't give any kind of indication.

the way the roofs appeared was to go into each room separately, I clicked structure to see everything that was in the defaults was these, and saved, that action alone cause the roofs to start to appear room by room....that in its self is ridiculous as it not in the help section.

The problem is - defensive ones, is that the software runs into dead ends, if it doesn't do as expected - the help section doesn't address those error states.

so lets move on, I don't need to past the help section for stair cases, I pasted the pic of my software, where is this tool?

AUTO STAIR CASE TOOL

Stair ways, help section and user manual real clear on what to do to cut the hole for a stair well. followed to a T.  it built a stair case exactly in auto stair tool Q.pnga minute or two, then you spend half a day going in circles

Where are the instructions on what to do if it doesn't work?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 2:52 PM, Acropolis said:

Where are the instructions on what to do if it doesn't work?

Auto Stairwell is an EDIT tool.  That means it shows up on the Edit toolbar, or when your right click on a staircase.  (Here's a screenshot of what it looks like in Pro.)

This Help article has instructions and pay special attention to the "Note" at the end of the article if the edit tool doesn't display when you select the staircase.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00125/creating-a-stairwell-for-your-staircase.html

autostairwell.jpg

• Upvote 2