Multiple buildings: single or multiple files??

Lightspeed65

I am a new user to CA Pro, and am wondering whether I am better to create three buildings in the same file (home, garage, workshop) or create them in separate files and then combine them when I am done designing them?  Is that even possible?  What is the best practice on this?  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

What is CA Pro? Does he (lightspeed65) mean HDPro or Premier?

If the latter why ask it here?

Can multiple files be joined in any case?

Why would you try that? Does it work? I don't think it can?

Even a merge is dodgy.... I have tried it.

Chaos. (Not Control)

HD Pro is Home Designer Pro distinct from Chief Architect Premier. The multi building projects I have done, I did in Premier. I made a single file for each building for the purpose of that building's own construction documentation. Then to portray the entire project (all buildings together) I symbolized each building (made it into a symbol) placing each building symbol into the site plan plan.

I do not think this would be easily done in Home Designer Pro due to the limited choices of symbolizing plan file structures into single symbols. I think if I had to do this in Home Designer Pro alone, I would just make a plan file of each building for each buildings construction documentation and then create a site plan where all buildings can be shown just in plan view (no 3D). The most difficult project would be to create all buildings, terrain and landscaping all in 3D in one plan file. I have done this and I can say from experience one has to really be intent to succeed.

DJP