Cabinets don't automatically line up

Katherine

Hi, I'm a newbie, using HD Architectural 2017 on Windows 7 machine.

I have watched several instructional videos, especially about designing kitchens, and have seen that when put in close proximity, cabinets will automatically snap together and line up.

But when I place cabinets, they don't.  As a result, I get them overlapping, and misaligned so that there are bumps in the edges of the counter tops. 

What am I doing wrong?  It's maddening trying to get them to all line up properly.

TIA

Katherine

"Wrong" is not the right word, rather it is merely hand-eye coordination that is needed which comes after lots of practice, it is a developed ability. Open "Edit - Default Settings - Cabinet" and carefully study those default settings and then study the Cabinet Specification Dialog for each Cabinet Type practicing changing settings to see the results of having done so in simple test plans. By the time you have done that you will be more certain of hand-eye-mouse actions and more certain of allied settings for those objects. Useful time spent.

DJP

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They do snap... you install a cabinet, then install the next one apart from the first one, click select objects arrow and then move the cabinet it will snap.

Don't hold down the control key when moving, it will over ride the snap tool.

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone.  I think I was trying to be a bit too precise when initially placing the cabinets.  It works better if I just sort of "toss" the cabinets in place.

I am struggling to understand how to use the snaps.  I've read the info in help, but could benefit from seeing how it is actually used.  Are there any videos that contain examples like this?