Angle cut into cathedral ceiling?

cte677

Make the bay window a "room" by drawing an invisible wall to make it so, then open its resulting "Room Specification Dialog - Structure Tab - ceiling over this room check box (uncheck)" and you will then have a common rafter vault in that area. If you want something more fancy, then please say so, the above will vault the enclosed area but only in that area, not into the adjacent room.

DJP

Eric is correct, you will need to draw custom ceiling planes (found under roof tools) to model this. It will not be completely easy for a new user, the ceiling planes must form a ridge under the main roof planes, so their baselines must follow the angles shown in your photos. I am sorry but I do not have time to make a video (paid work to do). But  your room has flat ceilings as well as vaulted ceilings ( the interior vaults will emulate the vaulted ceilings) so it will be a combination of invisible walls (where you require flat ceilings) and custom ceiling planes where you require a vaulted ceiling.

DJP

Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something, I wanted Home Designer to identify the locations of the angles. 

It seems that if I draw custom ceiling planes, it will be based on what I think ... which may not be accurate.