Sign in to follow this  
scarletto

The program is already running. Running two or more simultaneous sessions is not recommended.

I've already written in to the company's technical support, but I thought it was worth posting here too while I wait for a reply.

Has anyone gotten this error before and know how to fix it?  My software isn't running as near as I can tell, but it won't launch.

If on Windows, use Task Manager to check. Right click on the Task Bar and choose Task Manager.

Look through the list to see if it's there. If so, select it and click End Task on the lower right corner.

If its on an Apple, at times it will do that and if you see the Icon on your start bar select it (Right Mouse Click) and select Quit.  Once it is close launch it again and it should open.

Windows 8

Doesn't show as running in Task Manager.

I'll wait to hear from technical support and reply with their response if going through the article Kat linked doesn't work.

Guess I shouldn't have been anticipating a long wait from technical support, since I heard back and their instructions resolved the problem.

• Save your work, exit out of any programs that are running
  • Shut down the computer completely, then reboot
  • RIGHT-click on the program's desktop icon and choose Run As Administrator
  • If prompted to associate plan files, click Yes
  • Once the software is open, close it and try opening it normally to see if you still receive the same warning

These steps are in the article too, but I just hadn't made it that far yet.  Anyway, seems to be working fine now, so maybe this can help someone else down the line!

Thanks all!

• Upvote 1

I ran in to this just this morning. Thanks for saving me a call to tech support!

Yes, thanks!  I just submitted a ticket after reading their less helpful article.  This post got me back to work, so I could complete what I needed to!