thaberfelde

Screen Rooms

Could you be more specific? What are you having trouble with?

A search here on the forum will find info. A visit to the Chief YouTube channel will show a video.

Check some of the links posted below, and post back if you still need help.

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2016.  I've seen the video on a screen porch, but that has exterior walls and a roof of conventional framing.  The screen room is an aluminum frame with only screen in large panels for the sides and roof.  They aren't windows per se. Walls and windows won't do it, railings don't do it. Is this a custom CAD construction?

Build the room

add windows> open window specification box>click materials>glass>select material>fabric and wall coverings>sheers and shades>screen.... click okay.

resize the windows and remove the casing(s) to your liking.

Click on the wall(s) open the specification box>materials>select materials and change to your liking.

Use a soffit -- change the thickness to 1/16", and the material to screen. Use a sloped soffit for the roof parts.

post-171-0-38735900-1450218112_thumb.jpg

All the exposed rafters and beams shown here are soffits. They can be glass for showers, and used for many things.

post-171-0-15538600-1450218430_thumb.jpg