Stem Wall w/ Slab

HDbyJustin

I am trying to learn how to create accurate wall details for how we build homes in my area. One area of trouble is at the stem wall. I want the slab to cover half of the cmu block, or extend over the stem wall 4". An example of this issue showing up is in the garage. I maintain my ceiling height but lower the floor 4". When that happens you see the stem wall sticking up through the garage floor.

post-3954-0-53020500-1441125727_thumb.jpg

You can manually adjust just about anything you care to but most outcomes are due to "settings" in "Specification Dialogs" that are either wrong, misunderstood or guessed at. Carefully study your Reference Manual (Help - View Reference Manual) then practice using what you have studied inspecting it using various camera tools and you will arrive.

DJP

I am a full time draftsman (2D Autocad) and sometimes I really struggle with 3d. Something won't be quite right and that drives me insane. I have the wall details in AutoCad that I can import but the purpose of the software was to eliminate AutoCad from my work flow.

If you are drafting and producing construction documents for a living, I recommend you consider Chief Premier.

Pro is a good tool, but it's quite limited in some areas. Premier gives you the tools and flexibility do do most anything, with, as David would say, a good bit of study.

It's just not in my budget at the moment. I only draw house plans on the side for extra cash (vacation). Is there a way to adjust where the CMU stem wall sits on the footing? I looked at the documentation but didn't really see a way to dictate that. I work with two guys that have Premier, and they also fight some of these same issues. We all currently draw our foundation plans in AutoCad and then import them.

Have you seen Creating a Cross Section Detail in Home Designer Pro

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00439/creating-a-cross-section-detail-in-home-designer-pro.html

I don't think you can automatically do what you want. You can place the slab at the top of the stem wall.

Is the detail shown above taken direct from a plan, or is it a purpose drawn detail?

How do I center the stem wall on the footer? I know in Premier there is an option under the Foundations tab. I can't seem to find a way in Pro

I don't think you can. Pro tends to produce "representative" instead of "actual". I note that on the plans with a link to a detail I have created manually.

It's like trusses. I draw in trusses, but they are not supposed to represent the actual truss. Rather to act as a visual cue to say trusses will be used.