How to sit rafters on the floor joist on 2nd floor?

StillwaterConst

I am running Home Designer Pro 2025.  I have a 6/12 pitch roof and I need the 2 floor rafters to sit on the floor joist to create more height in the loft area.  Currently, the rafters are sitting differently than how the roof will be built and I am trying to create a realistic view for the homeowner so they will be able to visualize how much ceiling space they will have with the rafters sitting on the floor joist.

I have attached my plans.  Thank you.

2024-08-01 Vinson.plan

2 hours ago, StillwaterConst said:

I am running Home Designer Pro 2025.  I have a 6/12 pitch roof and I need the 2 floor rafters to sit on the floor joist to create more height in the loft area.  Currently, the rafters are sitting differently than how the roof will be built and I am trying to create a realistic view for the homeowner so they will be able to visualize how much ceiling space they will have with the rafters sitting on the floor joist.

I have attached my plans.  Thank you.

2024-08-01 Vinson.plan 13.59 MB · 0 downloads

Would be helpful to bubble or notate the area you are referring to on the plans or put a more detailed description or a saved camera.
In this case it would be nice if you provided a detail.
What are you referring to when you say "Floor Rafters"? Are you talking about roof rafters and their seat cut?

How will this floor and roof be framed? (not what the program thinks but what your framing crew will do.)

Never seen rafters sitting on floor joists as their spacing and start points are different.

Try the option of hanging second floor on wall 

OR cheat program by setting 2nd floor ceiling height to is 3" (2 top plates on top of joists) and uncheck FLAT CEILING OVER room so it vaults ceiling using underside of rafters.