Board between floors for contrast

richoff

This simple rendering is begging for a white board at the rim joist, to break up the vertical board & batten lines... can't find the tools to accomplish this. (the "Box" tool is unavailable in the elevation view)

FYI, I'm a complete Noob ;)

Ghana 3.0 perimeter board.png

You can use the "wall covering" option on your exterior wall tab. Select the material and the size, location. Just be sure to apply it to the exterior, as the default is usually for the interior. I find the "James Hardie" bonus catalog is great for this. Use the 4/4 trim in Arctic white. Install it on one wall, then paint it "color-white." Then when you apply it to the other walls, you can select the painted material to use.

Thx Rookie65. I'll look into that solution... One other question; How do I stop the exterior siding a few inch's above the terrain all the way around the house?

Posted (edited)

As per the screen shot below, I have my subfloor set to 48" above terrain, but the board/batten extends all the way down to the "basement" floor level.

I'm not getting it yet.

Thx for your time.

Ghana elevation 1.png

Edited by richoff
added context

16 hours ago, richoff said:

As per the screen shot below, I have my subfloor set to 48" above terrain, but the board/batten extends all the way down to the "basement" floor level.

I'm not getting it yet.

Thx for your time.

Ghana elevation 1.png

Are you intending to create a stepped foundation?

4 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

Why would you set the sub-floor level at 48" ?

And why did you put the batten siding on the foundation level?

I need the footing to be below frost line, and trying to balance the number of steps going up to the main floor, and number of steps down to the basement ( using a concrete well w/stairs.

FYI, the walls are all ICF construction.

57 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Are you intending to create a stepped foundation?

No need (I think). The terrain falls away only about 12" from one side to the other.

5 minutes ago, richoff said:

No need (I think). The terrain falls away only about 12" from one side to the other.

how do you intend to achieve this in real-world conditions?
If you are not building a step, are you building rake walls?

28 minutes ago, Jo_Ann said:

No more guessing.

I'm done.

Well, thx for your time anyway... I know, I'm in over my head... but that's typical me! :o

Thx for revisiting Jo_Ann. I would send the plan out (just have to figure out how). I just removed the Board/Batten exterior from the Basement wall (at least I thought just the Basement), but because of the ICF construction, the walls are continuous from Footing to Truss.

Below is what it ends up looking like.

Ghana - exterior removed.png

Yes I did... that's what my Son asked for :o. He works for a builder that uses this method sometimes. Myself; I don't know to much about it (Plumber by trade)