Sloped ceiling issues with skylights and pendant lights

BoDay1

I have a sloped (vaulted) ceiling.

My skylight shafts do not connect with the ceiling so 3D shows an opening into the roof framing.

Also, pendant lights hang perpendicular to the ceiling rather than straight down.

I suspect that I drew the ceiling incorrectly but I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Note that the ceiling does NOT follow the same pitch as the roof.  This is not an accident.

I can't attach the plan as it is larger than the 14 MB.  If that seems necessary to get help I may be able to figure out how to ZIP my plan.

Thanks for any help.

Ceiling Issues.jpg

Skylight Shaft.jpg

4 hours ago, BoDay1 said:

Also, pendant lights hang perpendicular to the ceiling rather than straight down.

Delete the lights and then place them again in a new unit of time. When I set up for a vaulted ceiling first, my pendant lights hung perpendicular to the floor as espected.

DJP

Hi David,

Apologies for the slow response.  I appreciate your help.

I've attached a zipped file.

I created the ceiling by selecting the room where I am working-- the kitchen and dining area.  Then unselecting "Flat ceiling over this room".

I then used the draw ceiling tools to draw a ceiling over the space and sloped the ceiling.

Bo

Brandi ln. Draft 2.zip

Thank you both for all this help.

David, last week you you addressed my issue with the pendant lights hanging perpendicular to the sloped ceiling rather than perpendicular to the floor... but I didn't understand your response.

What does it mean to place the pendant lights "in a new unit of time."?

After cleaning up my roof plans/ ceiling plans and benefiting from your help with the skylights... today one type of pendant light will hang correctly... but other types will not.  Weird.

Thank you,

Bo

24 minutes ago, BoDay1 said:

today one type of pendant light will hang correctly... but other types will not. 

When asking about symbols like a pendant light, it's important to say what light you are using -- name and catalog. Some symbols have special settings that are unavailable to Home Designer users that those of us using Chief have access to. Sometimes it's a problem with the symbol.

Also, posting a simple plan with the problem symbol works too. 

And it is best to continue in the original thread so all the information is in a single place. Others search and read these threads too.

• 3 months later...

Maybe this can help someone as I'm here because I had the same issue.   Once the pendant is placed on the plan, make sure the front arrow is parallel to the wall.  Then in 3D view you'd be able to "swing" it around using the rotating arrow above the selected object. Hope this makes sense.