Roof Help Needed

CharlieShew

This is my first post. I did try to search but did not find an answer which made sense to me. I want my roof over the house to be a 7/12 pitch and the roof over the garage and porch to be a 4/12. This is for a house I hope to build next spring. The truss company said I'd need the 7/12 to meet my goals. The 4/12 is just a starting point to see how it would look, I am open to suggestions.

My issue, any changes I try to make changes the drawing from a gable roof to a hip roof. I admit, I do not know much about the program and do not understand the Start at Height and the In from Baseline measurements. 

Can someone tell me how to make these changes and what can I read to better under how to make different roofs?

Thank you for any help!

Charlie

Home Designer Suite 2021

Build 22.3.0.55x64

16 changes.jpg

15 Porch.jpg

14 over garage door.jpg

13 Garage Side.jpg

12.jpg

House Plan.zip

With Suite and Architectural, all  the instructions you need are to be found in the "Main Toolbar - Build - Build Roof - Roof Styles Tab" where how to preprogram the walls-Roof Tab and Build Roof Dialog to then obtain the type of roof Suite is capable of building, please take a careful look, study and then practice.

DJP

Eric,

I started with a continuous roof plan and I'm not opposed to that. My concern is that it might look like a mobile trailer. That was the reason I was breaking it up. Also I plan to put my mechanicals in the attic. This was the reason for the 7/12 pitch. According to the truss company that would make the truss just over 11' tall with room for an 8 foot ceiling in the attic. I'm not sure how that would look. I could live with a 6 or 7' ceiling in the attic. 

Thanks for taking the time to make the drawing. I'll get the wife's opinion on the continuous roof. 

Charlie