Pro 2024 Layout Enhancements? Are there any?

MadMacks

I have Pro 2023 and have had issues (nothing wrong, just more difficult than I’d hoped) with sending things to LAYOUTS. Are there significant updates and/or enhancements to the layouts capabilities of Pro 2024 vs Pro 2023? I don't see much listed in the change list, but it seems like the manuals do show some updates? If you can help clarify it would be very appreciated…

I posted this previously as an “add on” to another persons similar question but while he seems to have received an answer, I didn’t. I need to submit plans to my local building department so getting plans into layouts properly, and still being able to tweak them if needed based on their feedback is a big deal. 

Right now, for me at least, if I have to make plan changes after sending them to a layout, it becomes a significant process. I understand moving to the real “professional” version resolves this issue, but I simply can’t afford a couple thousand dollars right now…

12 minutes ago, MadMacks said:

Are there significant updates and/or enhancements to the layouts capabilities of Pro 2024 vs Pro 2023?

Your question is best directed to those at Chief Architect via the Sales Related Questions section here on the forum, email or phone.

14 minutes ago, MadMacks said:

Right now, for me at least, if I have to make plan changes after sending them to a layout, it becomes a significant process.

You might ask specific questions about your workflow. Have you reviewed applicable articles and videos?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 4:52 AM, MadMacks said:

if I have to make plan changes after sending them to a layout, it becomes a significant process.

Hi -I don't live in the US, however, I am producing drawings for my local submission in HDPro2023; same story I guess worldwide isnt it?;

Multiple pages (5) in Layout is a big advancement don't you think?

For me I don't have an issue with plan changes made as they update in layout automatically - if asked too.

Save some dollars and check out to the reference manual - it contains some revelations for me - the uninitiated.

The big issue for me is the drafting quality is a bit average as HDPro is awkward at times as a drafting desk;

The means of defining Iine weights is a trip to Mars and only half way back again. Experiment well with this is my motto.

But I still work with it.;)

There are other features that make it workable mostly.:)

Jeff.

• Upvote 1