Balusters type is greyed out. How do I make it square to match the railings.

DesignNut

I set my stairs and railings to be the Cable style from the Library Browser. The balusters on my railings are oval, and I would like them to be square, but they are greyed out. Anyone know how to get the balusters to be square on the railings like they are on the stairs?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2023-03-15_185857.png

It could also be that a round railing is the default in the style plan you chose to start with. If you don't pick a style and just start your plan, likely everything will be in the default material, which will give you square rails and balusters.

2 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

You DO NOT "drag over" from the LB, rather you make changes via the dialog box of the railing wall - Rail Style tab and then the Newels and balusters tab then lastly the "Rails Tab".

DJP

I got that technique to make the changes from the Library Browser directly into 3D view or plan view (bypassing the specification dialogue) from a Chief Architect video.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/videos/watch/2246/stairs.html

Go to 6:50 mark

But, you are right, he doesn't say "drag over", it just looks like he drags it, which is probably where I got confused, so thanks for setting me straight on that.