Can't set stem wall to zero

MichaelScott

Hello - 

So I have a house in Florida on a simple 4" slab, under that a footer that extends 12" deep around the perimeter with an 18" flat supporting that is 6" thick, and a patio that is a simple 4" slab. There are no stem walls anywhere in the construction.  In defaults and room settings and all other locations I have the stem wall set to zero.   I have auto rebuild foundations turned off.   Selecting room by room, or just selecting the patio foundation and room settings, I am unable to turn off the stem wall, I am now unable to get the footer to build, other than what you see below.  I also must allow for various parts of the main slab at 0, -2.5, -3.5 and the patio at -6, I am attempting to do this by drawing foundations under the rooms that must be adjusted, although the garage set itself correctly relative to room zero.  As you can see below, I am now unable to get a patio less than about 8" thick.   The walkway slabs are setting thickness as one would expect. 

Thank you, 

Michael Scott

Stemwall1.jpg

No Foundation .jpg

Edited by MichaelScott
Select follow

Please watch this video: 

Update your "Signature", please. In order to help you one must know what version and title name you are using that you need help with. Then it is better to just post a copy, in .zip format so other helpers can actually look at the file and its settings (almost all problems come from incorrect settings).

DJP

yeah slab foundations are a PIA here in MS we do pretty much same thing.

Throw some red clay down and then put up some form boards and dig beams under load walls and where you want plumbing to be and electric if it ends up in floor somewhere.

HD just does not have many tools for editing foundations.

Once you add a garage and drop its floor down and/or have brick wall - ARggggggggggggg.

Never draws brick ledge right in some tigh areas or where you end the brick wall on corner and have maybe siding or stucco on other side of corner.

With garages it insists on adding the stem wall even though some people build the garage without them and just account for drop in framing or have a lower ceiling....

Or add a floor and program wants to make floor for second out of concrete argggg - just never gets the frming right once you do a slab foundation

Sometims all this automation in the software is battle to make what you want.

Like attic walls do not get me started on that.

Hide one another pops up... no need for attic walls frames support roof how they need to etc..

Well I know I did not help much but I have had similar issues with slabs...