Half wall behind island cabinets with bar overhang

Janetcrouch

Hello! I'm trying to create an island with a half wall behind the cabinets where electrical and plumbing will run, but I need the countertop to extend over the half wall and 12" beyond it to create a bar. the program apparently "sees" the half wall as a full wall and will not allow the overhang. How can I create this type of situation?

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2021.

Thanks for any help!

Janet Crouch

I did that earlier. The shelves are already extended all the way to the other cabinet, but when I added that half wall, the shelf disappears in the 3D view. It actually disappears on the floorplan view as well. When I click on the shelves in either view, it shows as extending the full distance between the two upper cabinets. 

3 hours ago, Janetcrouch said:

but now my shelves on the perpendicular wall will not extend. Is there a way to fix this? 

That's a long standing bug. Soffits and Shelves are cut visually by the railing wall.

Use a Slab for the shelves.

Ok. Well, I guess maybe I'll just pull that half wall away from the perpendicular wall about 1' so that it will correct the shelf problem, but still show as a wall on the floor plan. Actually, I might have to do 2' so I can correct the hole on the countertop that will probably appear when I shorten that wall.