Mysterious persistent room dividers that can't be deleted?

KResner

Go to solution Solved by Jo_Ann,

In my plan I have two glass walled walk-in showers in two separate bathrooms. As constructed (the only way I know how to at this point) the software (not me) placed two room dividers at odd places on one wall of each shower (red arrows in screenshot)?

I can select the both dividers and hit DELETE, yet they remain and/or are reconstructed?

I don't see any negative impact (roofing, square footage, room definition etc.) at this point .... it's just annoying the heck out of me as I can't get rid of them or understand why they were created!

Any ideas what's going on? Plan and screenshot attached.

Thanks

2041139065_RoomDivider.thumb.png.4d6298be23c47072a71bc99c36407d89.png

KV Open Plan 2.15 .plan

Hi Eric,

Once again ... thanks.

Some consolation that it has even you stumped!

I like your solution, didn't think to try that ... works = good enough for me.

Probably won't submit it as a bug unless it reappears and causes other problems in the plan or in generated documentation.

Regards

Ken

• Solution

What I see, when looking at your jpeg image, is that you've used glass shower walls to draw the shower as an entirely separate room within the bathroom.  This makes it an 'island' room, and auto drawing a connected divider wall to an existing wall, is how the software deals with this type of room.

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2021 at 7:41 PM, Jo_Ann said:

What I see, when looking at your jpeg image, is that you've used glass shower walls to draw the shower as an entirely separate room within the bathroom.  This makes it an 'island' room, and auto drawing a connected divider wall to an existing wall, is how the software deals with this type of room.

Thanks for your review and input regarding this. 

In reality ... I doubt the walk-in showers will be constructed as stand-alone "glass islands" within bathrooms. More likely two walls will be glass and the other two tiled room walls.

I went the "island room" way because. .. I couldn't figure out how to create two tiled sides for the shower that did NOT extend all the way up to the 10' ceiling of the bathroom? Eventually I'll have to figure it out. Only been using the software for a couple of weeks, so a lot to still learn.