briancaos

Backsplash wrapping around a window

I have created a kitchen with a backsplash. The backsplash wraps perfectly around the windows, as you can see in the attachment "backsplash OK".

I then reversed the plan. After then, the backsplash will not wrap around the windows in the reversed plan, see attachment "backsplash reversed error".

I have tried just about everything; removed and re-added the window, removed and re-added the backsplash, the cabinets, changed material, thickness, ... but nothing will make the backsplash wrap around the windows.

What can I do?

- Best regards

Brian Pedersen

Denmark

Not a pro, just a home enthusiast.

post-1832-0-81406500-1423321035_thumb.jpg

post-1832-0-57882000-1423321037_thumb.jpg

Parcel Home 153sqm - Reversed2.plan

Where backsplash "refuses" to appear from cabinet dialogs you can replace it manually using a thin-reshaped soffit (cabinet tools) and set its material the same as your intended backsplash.

DJP

Brian, I'm not sure what may have happened when you reversed the plan; but, you can use the backsplash tool and it should work fine (in this case there is no backsplash setting on your base cabinets)

post-8-0-50010600-1423324223_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the help. I can see that my version (Home Designer Architectural 2014) does not have the backsplash tool. I guess it's time to save up for an upgrade.
Again thank you for taking the time to look at my designs.

Regards,

Brian Pedersen

Denmark

Just a home enthusiast