Front Facial Arched with square columns

sfo1ckh

23 minutes ago, sfo1ckh said:

I tried wall and it would not work

What didn't work? What did you do?

24 minutes ago, sfo1ckh said:

I did what you said and used sofits

I never said to use soffits alone, just suggested you could use soffits along with walls and doors.

You lead me to believe that I would have to upgrade to get this done, now you are saying to just use walls?  I get that you want me to learn, but you could have just said that; because now with what I have already done, I am not going to delete all of the detail work that I did and rebuild the entire front with walls and doorways, I will just live with what I have.

On 12/19/2020 at 7:45 PM, solver said:

You must do this with walls and use a doorway or window etc to create the arch.

You don't need to use only walls. You can use soffits too. Walls and soffits can share the same space, or soffits can be positioned on the wall to give you something to place a molding on.

Try to think of the tools you have available and what they are capable of, then use them as needed to build the model.

With Suite, you have limited options, so you need to make up for the shortcomings of the software.

I don't know how I could have been clearer.

I never said you should upgrade or indicated you could not do what you wanted with Suite, although because I don't have the plans, I could not be sure.

I used an arch doorway (Tambour Arch); but that does not have the molding option that I need to give the look of the original house?  I tried a wall with an arch doorway; but again that does not have any molding options; so I still do not understand what you or Solver is stating; I am sure that you are able to get the look since you did it, just everything you have me try does not work for me.. I would  attached is my backup file; but this blog only allows 25 K and my file is over 100.

Well, thank you for your final findings of that I cannot do this in Architectural 2021, thought I was just plain stupid or ?? and glad I did not try to redo the entire front facade, as that took a lot of work to get to this stage.  I am okay with what I have, it's good enough, but if there was a way, I would do it as I am now doing the fine detail work as I see it.  I really appreciate all of the help you have given me in all of my problems; I do not plan to do this past this one project of rebuilding my fire loss home, so people like me, I think, just want a fast and simple answer.  I have spent over 2,000 hours so far on Home Designer (slow learner), so it's not like I haven't done some homework, just sometimes it's "just tell me the answer". like you just did.

1_2_21 backup only.zip