Flat roof with beams for an Eichler

blarryg

Newbie I have an Eichler which is a house built on a slab, flat sloping roof main house with cross beams, master flat horizontal roof. I built the design over imported jpg of the architecture plan. My main current problem is creating a flat roof (and hopefully with the cross beams). I'm having trouble actually getting a flat roof -- think of it as the East and West exterior walls slope up from North to South while the North and South walls (at lower and higher elevations) are completely flat. That roof of boards is supported by cross beams North to South every 6 feet. That big sloping up roof is then attached to a master bed/bath room that has a flat roof a few feet lower than the elevation attached at the North.

I've attached some elevations from the architecture plan and then my "elementary school" attempt to do this. Problems:

1. The roof comes out not flat, just a very flattened original roof
  2. I don't know how to get a roof overhang. I did some invisible wall thing but that caused the foundation to also shoot out (and the foundation should be a slab ... another issue)
  3. Also having problems creating the separate horizontal flat roof in the master section.

Yes, I've listened to several videos and "solutions" that's how the various walls are going nuts. There are other problems (not a slab foundation as I said and the foundation is somehow 3' high, but main issue the roof.

I put version details in my signature but it's Home Designer Pro 2021  

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.49.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.51.22 PM.png

• Like 1