chuckpace

Roof Plan with dimensions

i am in the process of printing construction plans and need a roof design plan with dimensions. i don't seem to find a camera or view where i am able to apply measurements. thank you

What view(s) do you need?

You can dimension in plan, elevation and sections.

i am needing a view, from the top, of just the roof. would i just turn off everything but the roo planes, in "display options"? is there an easier way?

You can get that with an Orthographic over view and then under "3D" you set the "3D Views" to "Top View" to obtain a roofs only view straight down view on the roof. take a look!

DJP

roof.PNG

4 minutes ago, chuckpace said:

would i just turn off everything but the roo planes

That's what you do.

It's common to show the outline of exterior walls in a light color, main layer only, no fill etc, or even dashed too.

ok. i just copied the plan and then deleted everything except the roof... to get the look i was after, some of the gables are drawn as a 2nd story, but it isn't really a 2nd story room. because of this, part of the roof is displayed on floor 1 and part on floor 2. is there a way to display the roof of both floors simultaneously?

11 minutes ago, chuckpace said:

is there a way to display the roof of both floors simultaneously?

Select a roof plane, look in the Edit Toolbar.

• Like 1

What Eric is referring to is a command in the Edit Toolbar that allows you to select a roof plane and order it to appear on "the Floor Above or the Floor Below" specifically for plan view displays like you wish to make.

DJP

• Like 1