Sign in to follow this  
313Architect

Changing Wall and Foundation Heights

Hi, over the past few days I have been playing around on how to adjust the wall and foundation height. I feel like I have a good understanding on how to edit each but I am having one issue. I want to edit ( raise the 1st floor height ) but the foundation also rises. So my question is there a way to lock the height of foundation so I can edit the 1st floor without the foundation rising ? The reason I want to do this is because I want to keep the foundation under the terrain. Also some of my notes I took are below to help anyone new out 

Thank you

James Simmons

( To change wall height - open specification - structure - change floor “

To match terrain height - with foundation deleted  -7” )

To change Foundation height ( Which changes wall height ) - open specification - structure - change ceiling height -               -19”

When switched to garage - open specification for the room - structure - floor -  -16”           - 18” is better 

To have floor at terrain ground level  - structure - floor -    -28”     

As you have seen, the software is programmed to do what you have been seeing. The same is true for multiple-stacked rooms, floor to floor (if you lower the second floor floor height, it automatically lowers the ceiling below. Same thing with a first floor, whether you raise or lower the floor height, the software is programmed to respond to that change.

It sounds as if you wish to create a first floor room with NO foundation. Perhaps you need to describe in greater detail, your problem?

DJP

20 minutes ago, 313Architect said:

The reason I want to do this is because I want to keep the foundation under the terrain

Change the Terrain height in relation to the structure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

It sounds as if you wish to create a first floor room with NO foundation. Perhaps you need to describe in greater detail, your problem?

@DavidJPotter I'll try that. For my next project I just had numerous areas where some parts of the house where elevated and I wanted to see if I could lock the foundation height from coming from the terrain but its ok

21 hours ago, solver said:

Change the Terrain height in relation to the structure.

@solver I have done that and as I was playing around with it yesterday and I noticed in the 3D view I could pull down the front exterior material over the foundation wall - for anyone new 

Thank you both

7 hours ago, 313Architect said:

I wanted to see if I could lock the foundation height

All walls are adjustable via their "Wall Poly lines" in cross section views manually to whatever height you require.

DJP