Kenster

Wall is both inside and outside

Hi, I am new to Chief Architect but making progress going through the many videos and topics. However I have run into an issue that I presume there is a correct way fix it but I have been unable to find the answer after looking here and elsewhere. Simply put I have a wall that is partly inside the home and partly outside. Photos attached. I am trying to apply different wall characteristics to each. I am hoping to learn how to deal with this the correct way rather than hack my way to some partial solution. Any insight or help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ken

Home Designer Architectural 2021 - Build 22.3.0.55OSX

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 9.28.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 9.28.47 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Kenster said:

I am new to Chief Architect

It's confusing to say Chief Architect since it's a different product line, so please use Home Designer -- or just HD, instead.

I see you mentioned Architectural 2021.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

Try deleting the problem wall.

Using Architectural, with a situation like you have, your only choice is to cover it.  Use a custom backsplash.

Hi, Many thanks for pointer to custom backsplash. It would have taken me a long time to figure this one out. I read the user manual and within 5 minutes problem is solved. So thank you for responding. Ken