SomeCallMeTim

Parapet gable ends

can someone describe the steps required to create a parapet gable wall, either sloped or stepped, where the gable rises above the roof and the roof stops at the inside face of the gable?

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Did you search for parapet gable on the Home Designer website?

I am using Home Designer Pro 2021.   Yes I searched first.   The only result for parapet was a flat roof design, which is not what I am looking for.

In Pro and in Premier while in a cross section camera, one can click on an existing gable wall which then displays that walls "poly line" and its corner handles which can then be used to reshape that walls shape. This can only be done when you manually pull back the Roof plane poly-line's edges so they do not overhang that walls extents. With patience, one can then shape that wall in any configuration they wish. The only limiter is your own patience and willingness to obtain what you wish.

DJP