How to create this front gable

azdesigner

My exterior inspiration is this photo of an old house plan from the 20's or 30's.    Might not be possible to do it fully in Architectural, but maybe I could get close?  I'm wondering how to create the gable over the front door.

Also, looking for opinions here.....does it look like the upstairs half-story roof is sitting on a short wall (maybe 2 feet?) instead of resting on top of the ground floor walls?  The distance between the top of the ground floor windows and the bottom edge of the roof seems larger than normal to me.

Cotswold cottage.jpg

These are easy to do, just think through the steps required.

Roofs build over rooms, so adjust the ceiling height up or down as needed, and draw in rooms, even if they are not part of the plan to control the roof. When it's correct, turn off auto Rebuild Roofs.

ht1.png

I forgot to show you how to raise a gable, sorry but basically you form a room on the second floor, centered upon the second floor and then raise the ceiling height of that room to the height you intend to raise the gable. the exterior wall you then break off from the one long wall using the "Break Wall Tool"a and then program the selected segment and designate that wall segment via its Roof Tab to be a gable wall. The raised ceiling will cause the resulting gable to rise above the adjoining roof planes.

DJP