ChiefUserJordanR

Joists of deleted deck still appear in 3D

I'm going mad!!!   The deck and stairs have been removed in the blueprint page --   But the stair decking still shows up in 3D --- ???   Any ideas

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Maybe this is checked?

ht1.thumb.png.5d1de89734f480e9a60e15417040a025.png

Thanks, Solver.  That Dialog box looks different than mine.  Trying still to add my details in SETTINGS.  Haven't quite done it yet.   I'm using 2020 Home Designer Suite.   
Going to keep trying to show all my data in the way you suggested in Settings.   Hold a beat. 

I'll check the room Spec dialog box and see if that KEEP DECK FRAMING box exists.    Think you might've posted a shot of a different version.   Any ideas where that Room Spec dialog box shows up in 2020 HD Suite?  

That was for Pro.

Attach the plan file and I'll have a look. Close Suite first.

379162886_3DWithDeck.thumb.jpg.24a025f8707264d4eaf675a8615a49a5.jpg579317623_PlanWIthoutDeck.thumb.jpg.8d12642f8473cc1ea2d93b3891dd94ee.jpg  Thats a 3D shot and the plan that shows the deck removed....  Not sure any of this can help you solve the riddle.   

By the way, I'd tried each to other sources you'd recommended -- online, youtube, etc... And couldn't find an answer.  

I am truly overwhelmed by your generosity -- and knowledge.  Thank you so very very much.   Watching your video now...  When I get up to PRO -- the plan -- I'll have learned something.  Thank you again, Eric.   Wow.  

47 minutes ago, ChiefUserJordanR said:

When I get up to PRO

Have you seen this?

If some thing like that happens again, click edit>delete objects>All rooms on this floor>deck framing

I'd like to revive this comment thread to see if there has been any fix found to this issue...

I also have Suite (2020) and am seeing deck framing & footings still visible after deleting the deck. I can turn on the footings and framing in the layers and see them in the 2D, but Suite will not allow me to delete the unnecessary footings (can't even select them). I also tried the edit>delete objects>All rooms on this floor>deck framing and it did not work. Image below.

Any new news or ideas?

964192205_Annotation2020-07-21155354.thumb.png.315fc04104ca92772491e6d47cab691a.png