JulieDunning

Help to create roof line

How do I create the gables on the front of this home. I am a bit new but a fast learner. Thank you in advance 

74845-b600.jpg

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Plenty of how to info in the links above. 

3 hours ago, JulieDunning said:

How do I create the gables on the front of this home. I am a bit new but a fast learner. Thank you in advance

You start by having similar plan-view layout of walls like the photo.

Depending upon exactly what software application you have, you pre-program the walls where you wish "Gable Roofs" to build over (reference "Roof Types" in your "Build Roof Dialog Box - Roof Styles Tab". Read the Help article there on "Gable Roofs" set up and then try to see if you then get a success.

Without actually seeing your plan file, I cannot further suggest what you could look at or study to get a desired result. Help us, help you!

DJP

Thank you both for replying - I am new to these forums. I have added my signature - I work on Home Designer Pro 2019. Self taught on the program with how to videos and such. I am a Graphic designer not trained in Architecture but learning from the builder I am working for so bare with me if my terms sound amateur. The front gable is easy with a return to give it the same look but for the life of me I can not figure out how to place the one behind it. I have watched so many videos and just when I think I might have found it - it doesn't work. I have included the file that I am working on.  

Any help would be wonderful - eager to learn more. 

T Pelletier_auto_save.plan