Siding over roof lines

WayneHigg

Eric,

As you can see I have an area above the roofline of the extending back room.  This is a problem that I continue to come across as well connecting the fascia from the high point of the roof back down toward the peak of the extending porch.  I would also like to run a 1x4 underneath the soffit. If you can point me in the right direction many thanks would be expressed...  therefore, I have two problems I am trying to overcome 1) filling areas with needed siding and 2) extending fascia toward roof lines although the roof plans have been connected and 3) placing a 1x4 or board underneath the soffit area....  thanks... for your help... wayne

trying to establish fascia.jpg

home needing changes to front porch.jpg

Hi there....I have had similar issue in the past,

have you tried just material painting tool on that area;

Also on the mismatched fascia or verge board...paint it to match the others?

I recall solving my model issue that way.

the other thing I now check is the room definition for the outside porch area;

ive also learnt this the hard way.....it's the good part of HDPro....it's smart.

im a novice with it and every day is learning the ropes.......but still I use it in a similar way to yourself...

the manuals and books did help me though.

give them a go it saved me some time I must say. They are good tools to have.

cheers.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem as Wayne. I hope I complied with Solver's signature requirements so I can get an answer! I tried Robborito's suggestion of using the material painter, but the siding came out vertical instead of horizontal. I liked Wayne submitting a pdf as I do not always have the software version that will open other files. I am submitting mine both ways, although I am not sure a dxf file is the right way to do it. Please help!

Deanna F.

Home Designer Suite 2017

Howard OH

Missing siding.pdf

Siding over roof lines.dxf

Thanks for the sig Deanna.

Posting images (.jpg or .png) works best as they show directly in the forum. Use a screen capture tool to make them.

And attaching your plan file (yourplan.plan) can be helpful too, and in this case i think someone will need it to help.

Close Suite before attaching.