Sign in to follow this  
Muttley000

Odd Wall Issue

Appreciate all the good help I get here!  I have attached 2 pictures.  Why when I increase the ceiling height of the largest room of the second floor do I get this odd thing going on with the attic wall?

at 90.jpg

at 92.jpg

Proposed House Plan B.plan

Possibly the roof on the right is overlapping the siding and cutting it back to the sheathing. Manually adjust the roof so it's just touching the siding.Or change the wall type of that wall if they are not to line up at the ridge.

2 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

I get this odd thing going on with the attic wall?

What "odd thing" are you asking about?

1 hour ago, solver said:

What "odd thing" are you asking about?

In the bottom of the two pictures the roof above the section with windows flips from having a peak in the middle to continuing upwards.

I assume this is caused by the same (I continue working on other parts of the plan)

Untitled 1.jpg

Try to get the structure as you want before working on the roof. With auto roofs you can spend lots of time correcting the roof after a change in the structure, only to find your fix breaks after the next structure change.

I took a quick look at your plan and noticed some floor to floor wall alignment issues. These will be obvious in vector view. Selecting a wall that is misaligned, you will see an icon in the Edit Toolbar to automatically align with the wall above or below.

• Upvote 1