Sign in to follow this  
OldmanFreeman

Adding an interior wall is doing strange things!

I am designing my shop and have encountered a strange thing. When I add a wall to define the office and bathroom the floor structure changes in that room as does the window elevation.

Without the wall: 59232403_ScreenShot2018-11-05at1_27_58PM.thumb.png.57dead9df42b764eeaeda74558490b55.png

With the wall: 1428669247_ScreenShot2018-11-05at1_29_00PM.thumb.png.a23d5908f83e6044543a6202118c88d1.png

I have deleted the plumbing fixtures thinking maybe the program was trying to make space for plumbing but that did not help.

Looks like you added an exterior wall. Try with an interior wall and see what that does.

Thanks Rookie65, but all interior walls are "Interior-6" and all exterior walls are "Siding-6". I did try an "Interior-4" and had the same results. If I delete that one wall, the floor and window jump to the correct locations.

This should be obvious ;)

Look at the Structure settings for the room with the unwanted floor structure.

If you want the space to match the rest of the building, either make the Office room type match your Garage room type, or tell the program it is a Garage, but change the room label to Office.

ht1.thumb.jpg.97a0c2907a1ce194518750bd6538f255.jpg

Solver...once again you come to the rescue. You helped me with some issues on my house plan a few months ago. The house is in construction now. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Steve