Stray Soffit Lines on Floor Plan

SeabeeMike

First, admittedly, I'm very OCD!  With that said, I'd like to know if there's any way to get rid of the intersecting lines between my four soffit pieces which form the tray ceiling in the Master Bedroom.

To create the tray ceiling, I raised the main room ceiling to 10'. Then, I created the four soffit pieces which are all set for the same above floor height and they then form the drop down around the perimeter of the room. Looking at 3D view, all is good. When I look at the plan view, I see the intersecting (overlapping) portions of the soffits show as dashed lines. In reality, these lines should not show on the plan as it appears that the soffits are of different heights.

Simple fix of program anomaly?

Master BDR Soffit.jpg

You could also try room dividers to make the room the size of the area you want raised. Set the existing ceiling to the height you need, add the dividers and set the room that those form to the 10' height. That should give you just the perimeter lines you desire.

Turn "Off" the "Cabinets, Soffits" layer while in plan view in Display Options dialog for plan views and draw a dashed polyline in the place of the soffit generated lines which are easily controlled by you, unlike soffits-generated lines.

DJP

PS: Mental "disorders" like OCD get named and promoted by the APA (American Psychiatric Association) and WPA (World Psychiatric Association) Not by ANY actual physical, Scientific medical evidence but just by observing normal and not so normal Human Behavior, giving it a Name so they can then "treat" it in concert with Pharmaceutical companies that "create" drugs to "treat" those phony, made up "disorders". Mental disorders come into being by majority vote at APA & WPA conventions where such disorders are then added to their DSMV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders ) Not a single Mental Disorder has any Scientific Medical Evidence to support its existence other than age-old, observed Human Behavior. It is the biggest scam of the last 150 years!

• Upvote 1