carpenterjon

Rotate ridge 90 degrees

The primary ridge on the house I am drawing is running perpendicular to the direction I need it to be.  This happens when I auto build the roof.  How can I rotate the hip ridge to run parallel to the front and back of the house?

Thank you-

Jon

WilliamsJudd.plan

Number one: What software are you using: Version and Title name (Essentials, Interiors, Architectural, or Pro?) 

Number two: what is the pitch of the roofs of your actual house (not the virtual one in the plan file)

Number three: do you have any photos of the existing house or a postal address so others can look at the actual house to be sure what it looks like?

DJP

Thanks David.  Sorry.

1.  HD Pro 2019 on Windows

2.  Actual pitch is 10/12

3.  Photo attached (and, yes, I realize I haven't done the gable on the front yet), just worried about the hip ridge for now.

WilliamsJuddFront.png

I see you said, but ...

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Your image shows a lower pitch roof on the porch. Fix that and your roof will build closer to what you need.

With Pro, you have manual roof tools too.

ht1.thumb.jpg.28d8f4120ebf021631656f4187803961.jpg