Break wall tool not working - hopefully easy fix

UrbanMeasure

Hi there, hoping for a little assistance.

Although i know there is not tech support for HDPro 8 anymore i needed to install a version of it on one of our computers. For what ever reason when attempting to use the wall break tool it will not work... at all.

After wall break (Ctrl B) is selected than we choose the wall we want to break it Instead gives a quick flash and selects the wall as if we never wanted to wall break it.

Again, useing HD Pro 8. We have HD Pro 8 on 5 other computers as well as a couple with HD Pro 14. We have never experienced this kind of issue.  Current update has also been applied..

Thank you very much for the help.

UrbanMeasure

Welcome to the forum.

It may help us to know a little about the operating system and/or hardware, and if there are differences between the machine you're attempting to use Pro8 on and the other ones upon which you've successfully used it.  Care to elaborate?

These Forums are all End Users just like you , but no reason you couldn't email Tech Support too.

Is it just happening on the one computer? are they all using XP ? Win7 etc? 

any chance the shortcut is assigned to something else? wall break icon doesn't work either?

Have you checked all your preferences? snap properties etc ?

As Elovia said , not really enough info for us to help much, just guesses

HD Pro 8 was deisgned to  run properly within Windows XP and perhaps Vista & Windows 7. If you are trying to run it in Windows 8 that is probably the problem. What is the operating system you are now trying to use it in? I run older legacy versions of Chief Premier and Home Designer but I do so on a separate hard drive that runs on Windows XP and if you do not want to get versions of the latest release then you need to run Home Designer Pro 8 within an environment created for and by Windows XP..

It is not surprising that you are  having trouble with legacy software if you are trying to use it in a way it was not designed to be used.

DJP

Hi there, thank you so much for the help. 

We are running windows 7 although oddly enough we have had a more positive experience in the past with this program using windows 8 since we switched from xp.

This program is installed on the same brand and model of computers as our other programs (ASUS)

Thanks again,