Sign in to follow this  
garrettahughes

French doors

Looking to create French Doors. My version of Home Designer will generate French Doors "automatically" if the doorway is greater than a given dimension, but seems to have no means of generating the doors if the width of the doorway is less than that number. How do I generate French doors manually without regard to width of the doorway opening?

12 minutes ago, garrettahughes said:

My version of Home Designer

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Check the Options panel in the door specification dialog.

If your version of the software doesn't have the options tab, place 2 identical doors, side by side.

Hold down Ctrl, and drag them together until a center post is no longer visible.

2 hours ago, garrettahughes said:

My version of Home Designer

What do you have, please? If I know that I can tell you EXACTLY how to do what you need/want to do, otherwise we all have to guess at an answer.

DJP