Finding a material list item in the plan

Acropolis

Is there a way of finding a specific material list item in the plan?

Logic says that by clicking that item it would be referenced back into the plan, but it does not do that, and I can't find a way to do that especially for errant items are most important to find.

In order to even start to answer, anyone would have to know what exact software title and version you have, what do you have? Then knowing that I can see what the capabilities of your software actually are. You assign materials to surfaces and to objects. So each object or surface you create that carries a particular then adds up to what the Materials List reads out. How well you properly apply materials then determines the veracity of the resulting Materials List, which can be created by room, by area or for the entire floor and lastly for the entire structure from foundation to roof ridge.

DJP

I have been working on material list and framing view for a couple of days so may be able to help.

I upgraded to HD Architectural 2019, and NO you can not click on a framing member in List and go to Plan - or anywhere else.

In Perspective Framing Overview you CAN use Adjust Material Definition to click on a  framing member and be taken to a Define Material dialog. Once there, however, there is not much you can do. You can change stud spacing to anything your heart desires - 16", 24", 37", you name it. But you can not change floor joist, ceiling joist, or rafter spacing. Nor can you change joist or rafter size;  floor joists are 11 7/8" I-joist @ 16",  ceiling joist 2x6 @ 16", roof joists 2x10  24".

One feature, maybe new in 2019, is the Cross Section Slider: go to 3D>Camera View Options.  Upgrade costs $39.

I'm a newbie, correct me if above is wrong. Mainly focusing on structural members.

EDIT:

You CAN click on some items in the material list then right click and Find Object in Plan. But for structural members it did not work for me.

This should be simple to program, its like a two way street, if the data comes out of the HD software with a reference number, then with the material list live, click that should take you to the item. This applies to all materials really, floor, wall components, etc.

So if you have an errant framing piece how do you find it and correct or delete?