Elevation issues

JamesSym

I moved the front Elevation Region (flat area) back to the front-most part of the house.  This changed the slope, so I then had to open the terrain perimeter and change the terrain height to 18".  Argg.  This also meant I had to change the stem wall height on the house and also the floor (C) on the garage.  Yikes!

So, the garage floor (C) is now set at -58" and the stem wall is set at 24". The house stem wall is set at 52".
You have to uncheck 'automatic' and  'flatten pad' on the terrain dbx.  'Hide terrain' doesn't matter,  because you have no basement.

Terrain Elevations 4JPG.JPG

James,

I hope that your meeting with the contractor went well. I think that you had a good enough visual representation to express to the contractor what you want. He will do the math/elevation specifics.
BUT...if you want your model to be more correct (for yourself), you might have more corrections to do.

You said that the house had crawl space below it, and the garage was built on a slab.  In the plan file that you posted, both structures are built on a monolithic slab, but you never said that the house was built on a slab.   In the pic below, left structure is a slab (floor structure (L) 4"); right structure is a normal built structure (floor structure (L) 12 5/8").   Notice the difference between the 2, especially the distance of the doors to the terrain.  You have to have foundation showing above ground  (siding should not disappear into the ground).

So.. how is the house structure really built?  Food for thought.  :blink: 

Terrain Elevations 5JPG.JPG

The meeting went very well. Thank you!   The contractor was able to identify some potential issues in the 3D version that we didn't foresee !   And thanks for picking top on the slab issue. You are correct, the house is NOT built on a slab and has footings and crawl space beneath it 32" crawl space on 40" footings I believe)     (Guest House is on a slab- looks like the one on the left- re your picture).