downloads

donny58072

I am having two issues. 

1. I downloaded the new Diamond Kote siding download.  How do I incorporate that download (or any download) into my core database, or anywhere at all for that matter so I can use it?

2. Ever since the new update download, I can no longer change the label on cabinets.  ??  Is there a way to get that back?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Thank you so much Mr. Potter!! 

Any advice on how to get the cabinet labels to work again?  I usually go in and put my own cabinet codes in to match my manufacturers cabinets for install, but it wont let me do that any more!  Any ideas?  I used to be able to but ever since the last update it wont let me!

I Click on label, but it doesn't do anything, and wont go to the label page.  I can click all other options, such as materials, and access all of those, but refuses to let me go to label.  Very frustrating.

FYI signature fixed, I'm using Home Designer Pro 2018.  About a month or 2 ago, it had a download update that I did, and ever since wont let me access it, and the whole program will freeze sometimes requiring a restart to do stuff again. 

IMG_4777.JPG

This has been discussed on ChiefTalk, and the recommendation is to install an older video driver.

Are you using an Nvidia card? There is 382.05 that came out in May that is reported to be stable and not have this issue. More recent drivers may also work.

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2017 at 7:43 PM, solver said:

This has been discussed on ChiefTalk, and the recommendation is to install an older video driver.

Are you using an Nvidia card? There is 382.05 that came out in May that is reported to be stable and not have this issue. More recent drivers may also work.

I have downloaded this driver and still cannot do anything with labels. Same as Donny just stopped being an option. Along with no reflections, rough edges in 3D and freezes up often. And microsoft keeps updating automatically (can't change that) to new driver so i'm having so many issues with program i'm ready to search new one. Chief Architect says they can't do anything else to help:(

rtitusdesigns, try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028443/windows-update-drivers-in-windows-10

I used it to update my drivers.  I also started having an "error" video card issue, and couldn't open the program, when I did it would not 3D render.  This update restored that, but now the issue is I can't go 5 minutes without the program freezing up, and then I have to restart it.  I agree with your frustration, I have owned this program for 4 years with no issues, and one update has created nothing but problems and issues for me.  If something can't get figured out I to may have to figure something else out.  Anyone else have any ideas on why I would freeze all the time?  HP, NVIDIA, Windows 10, My drivers are to date, and no other issues with any other programs.

1 hour ago, donny58072 said:

rtitusdesigns, try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028443/windows-update-drivers-in-windows-10

I used it to update my drivers.  I also started having an "error" video card issue, and couldn't open the program, when I did it would not 3D render.  This update restored that, but now the issue is I can't go 5 minutes without the program freezing up, and then I have to restart it.  I agree with your frustration, I have owned this program for 4 years with no issues, and one update has created nothing but problems and issues for me.  If something can't get figured out I to may have to figure something else out.  Anyone else have any ideas on why I would freeze all the time?  HP, NVIDIA, Windows 10, My drivers are to date, and no other issues with any other programs.

Hi Donny,

So according Cheif Architect i need this driver specifically: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/118518/en-us

My computer automatically updates which is the biggest problem. As of now the issues are getting worse. I can't even present anything to Clients. 

sigh....

Also same here, i have used this program since 2008 and upgraded to where i am now. Issues were only due to quality of computer. Once last fall started having issues i bought the best the store had and now have even bigger problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't promise a fix for you, but Chief Architect gave me this, and my issues are resolved.  They said the update has to be 1-23-18 or newer.  Nvidia having many issues, and this driver update fixed all of mine.  Have to actually log in or create an account, then download driver update (its free), and wham, mine was good to go again.  Hope it works for you.

https://www.geforce.com/drivers